Statutory authority for authorized sellers of poisons to manufacture preparations and retail drugs and preparations,and for listed sellers of poisons to retail certain preparations
(1) An authorized seller of poisons is hereby authorized-
(a) in the ordinary course of his retail business to manufacture at any premises registered by him under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance (Cap 138) any preparation;
(b) subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, to carry on at any such premises the business of retailing, dispensing and compounding any dangerous drug;
(c) to supply any dangerous drug otherwise than by way of wholesale dealing; and
(d) to supply any dangerous drug by way of wholesale dealing to any person licensed or authorized under this Ordinance to be in possession of that dangerous drug.
(2) A person who is a listed seller of poisons under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance (Cap 138) is hereby authorized to carry on, at the premises at which he is entitled to conduct the retail sale of poisons under that Ordinance, the retail sale of any preparation specified in Part IV of the First Schedule. (Replaced 46 of 1971 s. 4)
(3) Nothing in subsection (1) shall authorize the sale by retail of poisons by a person who is not qualified in that behalf under, or such sale otherwise than in accordance with, the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance (Cap 138) or be in derogation of the provisions of that Ordinance prohibiting, restricting or regulating the sale of poisons.
(4) Nothing in subsection (1) shall authorize an authorized seller of poisons to be in possession of any dangerous drug except on premises registered by him under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance (Cap 138).
(5) Every dangerous drug, other than a preparation specified in Part II of the First Schedule, in the actual custody of a person authorized by this section to be in possession thereof shall be kept in a locked receptacle which can be opened only by him or by some assistant of his who is a registered pharmacist and is not a person whose authority has been withdrawn under section 33.