(1) All business conducted at an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be deemed special and all business conducted at an Annual General Meeting shall be deemed special except-
(a) the admission of Fellows;
(b) the recognition of any College or Faculty;
(c) the report of the Council;
(d) the results of elections conducted by postal ballot, and the determination of such results in case of equivalence of postal votes;
(e) the Honorary Treasurer's report, the audited accounts and balance sheets; and
(f) the appointment of auditors and if appropriate, fixing the remuneration of the auditors.
(2) The business of a general meeting shall be confined to that which has been duly notified in writing.
(3) (a) The President of the Academy shall preside at every general meeting, but if he is not present 15 minutes after the time appointed for holding such a meeting, or is absent from Hong Kong, or has given notice to the Academy of his intention not to attend the meeting, the Vice-President (General Affairs) of the Academy shall take the chair.
(b) If the Vice-President (General Affairs) of the Academy is absent the Vice-President (Education and Examinations) of the Academy shall take the chair.
(c) If all of these 3 Officers are absent, members of the Council present will elect one of their number to act as Chairman.
(4) No business shall be transacted at any Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting unless a quorum of not less than 30 members having the right to attend and vote are present in person at the commencement of such business.
(5) If within 30 minutes from the time appointed for a general meeting a quorum is not present, the meeting, if convened upon the requisition of 30 or more Fellows, shall be dissolved; in any other case it shall stand adjourned to a date not less than 14 days but not more than 28 days later at the same time and place, or to such other date, time and place as the Council may determine, and if at such adjourned meeting a quorum is not present within 30 minutes from the appointed time those members entitled to vote who are present shall constitute a quorum.
(6) (a) At any general meeting, a resolution put to the vote of the meeting shall be decided by a show of hands unless a poll (i.e. secret ballot) is demanded-
(i) by the Chairman of the meeting; or
(ii) by at least 2 Fellows present in person.
(b) In the case of an equality of votes the Chairman shall be entitled to a second or casting vote.