(1) If a certificate of entitlement issued to a person is lost or destroyed, he may apply to the Director for a certified duplicate of the certificate.
(2) An application under subsection (1)-
(a) shall be made in such manner as the Director may specify by notice in the Gazette;
(b) may be made on behalf of an applicant by his parent, legal guardian or any other person acceptable to the Director and for the purposes of subsection (6)(b)(ii) and (iii) and section 2AD(2) such parent, legal guardian or other person shall be regarded as the applicant.
(3) An application under subsection (1) which is not made in accordance with subsection (2)(a) and accompanied by the prescribed fee, if any, shall not be accepted.
(4) A notice under subsection (2)(a) is not subsidiary legislation.
(5) For the removal of doubt, it is hereby declared that the making of an application under subsection (1) does not give the applicant the right of abode or right to land or remain in Hong Kong pending the decision of the Director on the application.
(6) Upon receipt of an application under subsection (1), the Director acting through an immigration officer authorized by him shall-
(a) where he is satisfied upon such proof specified by the Director that-
(i) the applicant is a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region under paragraph 2(c) of Schedule 1;
(ii) a certificate of entitlement has been issued to the applicant; and
(iii) the certificate of entitlement so issued is lost or destroyed, issue a certified duplicate of that certificate to the applicant in such form and such manner as the Director may determine;
(b) where he is not satisfied in the manner specified in paragraph (a)-
(i) refuse the application;
(ii) notify the applicant in writing the reason of the refusal; and
(iii) inform the applicant the right of appeal to the Tribunal.
(7) Where a certified duplicate issued to a person is lost or destroyed-
(a) the person may apply to the Director for a further certified duplicate; and
(b) this section shall apply with all necessary modifications in relation to the application for and issue of the further certified duplicate.