MERCHANT SHIPPING (SECURITY OF SHIPS AND PORT FACILITIES) ORDINANCE
13 of 2004
Recognized security organizations
(1) The Director may in writing recognize any person who or organization which¡X
(a) has appropriate expertise in security matters and appropriate knowledge of ship and port operations; and
(b) is widely recognized in the international maritime community as having good standing,
as a recognized security organization.
(2) The Director may revoke a recognition given under subsection (1) if he is satisfied that the recognized security organization concerned does not meet the requirements prescribed in subsection (1)(a) and (b).
(3) The Director shall not exercise his power under subsection (2) without¡X
(a) giving adequate prior notice of his intention to do so to the recognized security organization concerned; and
(b) giving the organization an opportunity to make representation.
(4) Any person or organization aggrieved by a decision of the Director to revoke a recognition under subsection (2) may appeal to the Administrative Appeals Board against the decision.
(5) The lodging of an appeal under subsection (4) against a decision does not prevent the decision from taking effect.