||Title:||MONEY LENDERS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||9||Heading:||Investigation and lodgement of applications||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Where an application is made under section 8, the applicant shall at the same time send a copy of the application to the Commissioner of Police, and the Commissioner of Police may cause an investigation to be carried out in respect of the application for the purpose of determining whether, in the opinion of the Commissioner of Police, there are grounds for objecting to the application under section 11.
(2) For the purpose of carrying out an investigation under this section, the Commissioner of Police may in writing require the applicant to produce for inspection such books, records or documents or to furnish such information relating to the application or any business carried on or intended to be carried on by him as the Commissioner of Police may specify.
(3) In respect of an application made under section 8, no step other than the registration of such application shall be taken by the Registrar prior to-
whichever is the earlier (in this section referred to as "the material date").
(a) the date on which a period of 60 days after the date on which the application is made expires; or
(b) the date on which the Commissioner of Police notifies the Registrar that any investigation carried out under this section in respect of the application has been completed,
(4) Where the Registrar or the Commissioner of Police intends to object under section 11 to any application for a licence, he shall, not later than 7 days after the material date, serve notice on the applicant of his intention to object and of the grounds of such objection; and where such notice is served by the Commissioner of Police, he shall send a copy thereof to the Registrar.
(5) Upon the expiration of a period of 7 days after the material date in respect of any application made under section 8, the Registrar shall lodge the application with such magistrate as he deems fit, together with a copy of any notice served on the applicant under subsection (4). (Replaced 69 of 1988 s. 8)
(6) The Registrar shall give notice to the Commissioner of Police of any lodgement made under subsection (5).