|358||Title:||WATER POLLUTION CONTROL ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||L.N. 362 of 1997|
|Section:||47||Heading:||Application of Ordinance to Crown||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
(1) Subject to this section, this Ordinance shall bind the Crown.
(2) Sections 8 and 9 shall not have effect to permit proceedings to be taken against, or to impose any criminal liability on, the Crown or on any person who makes any discharge or deposit which he is required to make in the course of carrying out his duties in the service of the Crown.
(3) If it appears to the Authority that any discharge or deposit is being, or has been, made in contravention of section 8(1) or (1A) or 9(1) by any person in the course of carrying out his duties in the service of the Crown, he shall, if the contravention is not forthwith terminated to the satisfaction of the Authority, report the matter to the Chief Secretary for Administration. (Amended 67 of 1990 s. 22; 83 of 1993 s. 29; L.N. 362 of 1997)
(4) On receipt of a report under subsection (3) the Chief Secretary for Administration shall inquire into the circumstances and, if his inquiry shows that a contravention of section 8(1) or (1A) or 9(1) is continuing or likely to recur, he shall ensure that the best practicable steps are taken to terminate the contravention or avoid the recurrence. (Amended 67 of 1990 s. 22; L.N. 362 of 1997)
(5) Any notice or application under this Ordinance concerning a discharge or deposit which is to be, or may be, given or made by or on behalf of the Crown may be given or made by any public officer on behalf of the Crown.
(6) Any notice under this Ordinance concerning a discharge or deposit which is to be, or may be, given by the Authority to the Crown shall be given to the principal officer of the Government Department which appears to the Authority to be responsible for the discharge or deposit or, in the event of any question arising as to which Department is responsible, to such public officer as the Chief Secretary for Administration shall determine. (Amended L.N. 362 of 1997)
(7) No compensation shall be payable under section 25 in respect of any discharge or deposit made by or on behalf of the Crown.
(8) No fee or charge prescribed for the purposes of this Ordinance shall be payable by the Crown.