(1) The Commissioner may designate any place on a road or any place to which vehicles have access as a parking place by means of road markings in accordance with Figure Nos. 13, 14 and 15 in Schedule 1.
(2) The Commissioner may by the use of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with the Figures shown in Schedule 1 indicate that a parking space within a parking place may be used-
(a) for vehicles of a particular class or type;
(b) at particular times; or
(c) on particular days.
(2A) The Commissioner may, by the use of a traffic sign in accordance with Figure No. 19 shown in Schedule 1, designate any parking place as a parking place for the use of which payment shall be made by means of a display ticket. (L.N. 252 of 1991)
(3) The Commissioner or the operator of a parking meter subject to such terms and conditions as may be imposed by the Commissioner may amend, suspend or cancel any designation under subregulation (1)- (L.N. 61 of 1994)
(a) by covering any traffic sign;
(b) in the case of a metered parking space, by covering the parking meter with a bag showing the Figure set out as Figure No. 6 in Schedule 1;
(c) by the erection or placing of the traffic sign shown in Figure No. 7 in Schedule 1; or
(d) by the removal of any traffic sign.
(4) Subject to subregulation (7), no person shall park a vehicle in a parking place contrary to any traffic sign or road marking, shown in Schedule 1, erected or placed in or near such parking place.
(5) Subject to subregulation (7), no person shall park a vehicle in any parking place the designation of which is suspended or cancelled under subregulation (3).
(6) Any person who contravenes subregulation (4) or (5) commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $2000.
(7) Subregulations (4) and (5) shall not apply to a motor vehicle.