(1) The Board may establish such number of executive committees as it may deem fit for the purpose of performing such functions relating to-
(a) the registration, licensing or certification under this Ordinance of persons, poisons or pharmaceutical products; or
(b) the entering of the names of persons on the list kept under section 25 of persons entitled to conduct the retail sale of poisons included in Part II of the Poisons List,
as may be prescribed in respect of any such committee by regulations made under section 29.
(2) A committee established under this section shall consist of-
(a) such member of the Board as the Board may appoint to be chairman of the committee; and
(b) such other persons, whether members of the Board or not, as the Board may appoint to be members thereof,
and any person so appointed shall hold office on such terms and for such period as the Board may determine.
(3) A member of a committee established under this section may resign his office at any time by notice in writing addressed to the Chairman of the Board.
(4) The procedure of every committee established under this section shall be such as the Board may determine.
(5) The establishment of a committee under this section shall be notified by the Board in the Gazette, and such notice shall specify the purpose for which the committee has been established.
(6) The Board may at any time vary, modify or extend the purpose for which any committee has been established under this section and shall notify any such variation, modification or extension in the Gazette; and references in this Ordinance to the purpose for which any such committee has been so established shall be construed as references to such purpose as so varied, modified or extended.
(7) A committee established under this section may be dissolved by the Board at any time and, without prejudice to anything already done by the committee, such dissolution shall be notified by the Board by notice in the Gazette and shall take effect on the date of publication of the notice.
(8) Where any regulations made under section 29 provide for the performance by a committee established under this section of any functions referred to in subsection (1) and such committee has not been so established at the commencement of the regulations or is dissolved under this section, the regulations shall have effect, until such committee has been so established or, as the case may be, such functions are vested under this Ordinance in another committee established under this section, as if for references to such committee there were substituted references to the Board.
(9) A committee existing at the commencement* of the Pharmacy and Poisons (Amendment) Ordinance 1980 (50 of 1980) which was established prior to the commencement of that Ordinance by regulations made under section 29 for the purpose of performing any functions referred to in subsection (1) shall be deemed to be a committee established by the Board under this section, and this section shall apply accordingly in relation to such committee.
(Added 50 of 1980 s. 3)
________________________________________________________________________________ Note: * 1 January 1981