||Title:||PESTICIDES REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:|
|Regulation:||12||Heading:||Labelling of registered pesticides on sale or supply by retail||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Subject to paragraphs (2), (3), (4) and (5), a licensee shall not sell, or offer or expose for sale, or supply, either by retail or in a form ready for sale or supply by retail any registered pesticide unless there appears on the container and on every box or other covering of whatever nature enclosing the container, in a conspicuous position, a label setting forth, clearly and distinctly and not in any way obscured or obliterated, the following particulars both in English and Chinese-
(1A) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a registered pesticide which is to be exported by a licensee to a purchaser outside Hong Kong. (L.N. 172 of 1983)
(a) the word "Poison" and the characters "毒藥";
(aa) the expression "Keep out of reach of children" and the characters "遠離孩童";
(ab) the registration number of the pesticide;
(b) the trade name, chemical name and the common name, if any, by which the pesticide is known;
(c) the composition by percentage of all the active ingredients of the pesticide;
(d) the net weight or volume of the contents;
(e) the word "SYSTEMIC" if the pesticide has a systemic action;
(f) instructions on the manner in which the pesticide is to be used together with the precautionary measures to be taken when applying the pesticide;
(g) in the case of a pesticide to be used on food crops, the recommended time interval between the last application and harvesting of the crop;
(h) the antidote and first-aid action to be taken in the case of poisoning;
(i) the name of the seller of the pesticide and the address at which it is sold or supplied; and
(j) such other particulars as the Director may require.
(2) The Director may in writing exempt any registered pesticide from compliance with paragraph (1)(a).
(3) Nothing in paragraph (1) shall require the labelling of any transparent cover or any wrapper, hamper, packing case, crate or other covering used solely for the purpose of transport or delivery.
(4) The requirements of paragraph (1)(i) shall be deemed to be satisfied in the case of a registered pesticide supplied from a warehouse or depot, if the label on the container sets out the address of the supplier's principal place of business or in the case of a company, of the registered office of that company.
(5) Where the names of 2 or more persons or where 2 or more addresses appear on any label, there shall also be words on the label indicating clearly which of the persons is the seller and at which of the addresses the registered pesticide is sold or supplied.
(L.N. 172 of 1983; L.N. 422 of 1990)