|426B||Title:||OCCUPATIONAL RETIREMENT SCHEMES (CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEES) RULES||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||4||Heading:||Constitution of consultative committees||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) 10 or more scheme members may propose to constitute a consultative committee by sending to every scheme member a notice in writing expressing such a proposal together with a consent form, in Form 1 in the Schedule, for the member's signature.
(2) Members consenting to the constitution shall, within 21 days of the issue of the notice, return to one of the proposing members a signed consent form.
(3) The consent of the majority of the scheme members is required for the constitution of the consultative committee.
(4) The proposing members shall, not more than 28 days after sending the notices under subsection (1), supply the designated person with the signed consent forms that were returned within the required time under subsection (2), and the designated person shall ensure that the consent forms are available for inspection at the inauguration meeting by any scheme member who wishes to do so.
(5) On being satisfied that consent forms were returned from the majority of scheme members within the required time, the designated person shall give not less than 14 days' notice to the scheme members, the administrator and the relevant employer of the place, date and time at which the inauguration meeting will take place, and the notice shall include-