|295C||Title:||DANGEROUS GOODS (SHIPPING) REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:||24 of 2005; L.N. 282 of 2006|
|Regulation:||12||Heading:||Permits required for carriage of dangerous goods in type III vessels||Version Date:||02/01/2007|
(1) (Repealed 24 of 2005 s. 37)
(2) No dangerous goods shall be conveyed in any type III vessel except with the prior permission in writing of the Director granted in respect of such goods: (24 of 2005 s. 37)
Provided that where for any reason it is not, in the opinion of the Director, practicable to grant such permission in writing, he may grant verbal permission to be confirmed thereafter in writing within 24 hours, general holidays excepted.
(3) Any permission in writing granted for the purpose of paragraph (2) may be granted subject to such conditions or restrictions as the Director may think fit. (24 of 2005 s. 37)
(4) Nothing in this regulation shall apply to the conveyance of any quantity of dangerous goods exempted from the application of the provisions of section 6 of the Ordinance by virtue of any of the provisions of the Dangerous Goods (General) Regulations (Cap 295 sub. leg. B).
(5) Nothing in this regulation shall apply to the conveyance of any dangerous goods in category 1 which are materials within the meaning of pyrotechnic special effects material under the Entertainment Special Effects Ordinance (Cap 560) if and only if such conveyance is in accordance with the requirements specified in regulations made under section 26 of the Entertainment Special Effects Ordinance (Cap 560). (41 of 2000 s. 63)
(6) Nothing in this regulation shall apply to the conveyance of liquefied petroleum gas in a cylinder having a water capacity of less than 130 litres or a combination of cylinders having a combined water capacity of less than 130 litres if and only if the conveyance of such liquefied petroleum gas is for and incidental to the production of entertainment special effects within the meaning of the Entertainment Special Effects Ordinance (Cap 560). (41 of 2000 s. 63)