||Title:||ROAD TRAFFIC (PARKING) REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:|
|Regulation:||6||Heading:||Temporary parking arrangements by Commissioner of Police||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) The Commissioner of Police may in respect of a period not exceeding 72 hours, by means of traffic signs of such type and description as he considers appropriate, designate any place on any road as a temporary parking place and may appropriate the use of such temporary parking place to any particular class or type of vehicle.
(2) The Commissioner of Police may in respect of any period not exceeding 72 hours, amend or suspend any designation made under regulation 5-
(3) Subject to subregulation (6), no person shall park a vehicle in a temporary parking place designated by the Commissioner of Police contrary to any traffic sign lawfully erected or placed in or near such temporary parking place.
(a) by covering any traffic sign;
(b) in the case of a metered parking space, by covering the parking meter with a bag showing the Figure set out as Figure No. 6 in Schedule 1;
(c) by the erection or placing of the traffic sign shown in Figure No. 7 in Schedule 1; or
(d) by the removal of any traffic sign.
(4) Subject to subregulation (6), no person shall park a vehicle in any parking place the designation of which is suspended under subregulation (2). (L.N. 260 of 1984)
(5) Any person who contravenes subregulation (3) or (4) commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $2000.
(6) Subregulations (3) and (4) shall not apply to a motor vehicle.