(1) The Authority may, by notice in writing given to any person who-
(a) is the operator of one or more aircraft registered or operating in Hong Kong;
(b) is the manager of an aerodrome;
(c) occupies any land forming part of an aerodrome; or
(d) is permitted to have access to a restricted area in an aerodrome for the purposes of the business carried on by him,
require that person to provide the Authority with such information specified in the notice as the Authority may require in connection with the exercise by the Authority of his functions under this Part or any incident which impinges on aviation security.
(2) A notice under subsection (1) shall specify a date (not being earlier than 7 days after the day on which the notice is served) before which the information required by the notice in accordance with subsection (1) is to be furnished to the Authority.
(3) Any such notice may also require the person to whom it is given, after he has furnished to the Authority the information required by the notice in accordance with subsection (1), to inform the Authority if at any time the information previously furnished to the Authority (including any information furnished in pursuance of a requirement imposed by virtue of this subsection) is rendered inaccurate by any change of circumstances (including the taking of any further measures for purposes to which this Part applies or the alteration or discontinuance of any measures already being taken).
(4) In so far as such a notice requires further information to be furnished to the Authority in accordance with subsection (3), it shall require that information to be furnished to him before the end of such period not being less than 7 days after the day on which the change of circumstances occurs as is specified in the notice for the purposes of this subsection.
(5) Any person who-
(a) without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with a requirement imposed on him by a notice under this section; or
(b) in furnishing any information so required, makes a statement which he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular, or recklessly makes a statement which is false or misleading in a material particular,
commits an offence and is liable-
(i) on summary conviction, to a fine at level 3;
(ii) on conviction on indictment, to a fine at level 5 and to imprisonment for 2 years.
(6) A notice given to a person under subsection (1) may at any time-
(a) be revoked by a notice in writing given to him by the Authority; or
(b) be varied by a further notice under subsection (1).