||Title:||WESTERN HARBOUR CROSSING ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||18||Heading:||Provisions supplementary to sections 16 and 17||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Section 15 and the project agreement shall apply, with such modifications as the circumstances of the case may require or as the Director may determine, as regards any works effected under or pursuant to section 16 or 17, as if such works were construction works.
(2) The standard which the Company may be required to comply with in effecting any remedial or maintenance work under section 16 or 17, shall not substantially exceed the highest or, where appropriate, the higher of the following-
(3) If the Company fails to comply with any requirement of the Director under section 16 or 17 within a reasonable time after the receipt of notice of the requirement, the Director may effect the works which he considers necessary having regard to section 16(1) or 17(1) as the case may be.
(a) any standard required by-
(i) the project agreement; or
(b) if it would be justifiable to apply such standard having regard to the age of the construction works at the time the remedial or maintenance work is required to be carried out, any relevant standard prevailing at the time the constructions works were first effected.
(ii) any relevant approval or exemption under the project agreement; or
(4) If at any time there exist, in the opinion of the Director, any circumstances requiring the immediate carrying out of any works which the Company is or may be required to carry out under section 16 or 17, he may require the Company to effect the same as soon as reasonably practicable or, if he thinks fit, he may effect the same with or without notice to the Company.
(5) Subject to subsection (6), the expense of any works carried out under section 16 or 17 shall be borne by the Company and, where any such works are effected by the Director, the expense thereof shall be recoverable from the Company as a debt due to the Government.
(6) Where a defect remedied under section 16 is a defect which is-
the Government shall reimburse the Company in accordance with that agreement for the expenses reasonably incurred by it in remedying the defect.
(a) a latent defect for the purposes of the project agreement; and
(b) in a part of the Western Harbour Crossing not comprised in the construction works,