(1) For the purpose of lighting, signing and guarding road works the person responsible shall-
(a) erect and maintain prescribed traffic signs and prescribed road markings that the Director may require and, during the hours of darkness, erect and maintain lanterns of the type prescribed in Schedule 5; and (L.N. 72 of 1990; L.N. 350 of 1990)
(b) place at the road works such lanterns, traffic signs and road markings in the manner prescribed in Schedule 5.
(2) All traffic signs erected under subregulation (1)-
(a) shall, subject to subregulations (3) and (4), be illuminated by the incorporation of a material approved by the Director capable of reflecting light; and
(b) may be illuminated by any means of lighting approved by him.
(3) Subregulation (2)(a) shall not apply to traffic signs erected in accordance with Schedule 5 where the signs are illuminated to the satisfaction of the Director by internal lighting.
(4) No reflecting material shall be applied to any black part of a traffic sign erected under subregulation (1).
(5) All signs erected under subregulation (1) shall have marked on them in English and Chinese, in a manner approved by the Director, the name of the person responsible.