(1) The Commission may appoint one or more committees each to be known as a Nominations Advisory Committee (District Councils) and consisting of one member who must be-
(a) a person who is admitted as a barrister or a solicitor under the Legal Practitioners Ordinance (Cap 159) or is qualified for such admission; or
(b) a person with such other qualifications in the law, whether academic or professional, as the Commission considers appropriate.
(2) Notice of any appointment under subsection (1) must be published in the Gazette by the Commission as soon as reasonably practicable after the appointment.
(3) An appointment under subsection (1) is-
(a) for such period as specified by the Commission in the notice under subsection (2); and
(b) in relation to such election or elections as the Commission may determine.
(4) The Commission must specify in any notice under subsection (2) the election or elections, in relation to which the Committee concerned is appointed, with reference to the year or date on which any such election is, or elections are, to be held.
(5) The member constituting a Committee may be paid remuneration of such amount or at such rate as the Commission may determine.