Civil Celebrant of Marriages Appointment Appeal Board
(1) There shall be a Civil Celebrant of Marriages Appointment Appeal Board.
(2) The Appeal Board comprises-
(a) a Chairperson;
(b) such number of Deputy Chairpersons as the Secretary considers necessary; and
(c) such number of members as the Secretary considers necessary.
(3) The Chairperson, Deputy Chairpersons and members of the Appeal Board shall be appointed by the Secretary for a term specified in the instrument of appointment.
(4) A public officer shall not be appointed under subsection (3).
(5) The Secretary shall give notice of all appointments made under subsection (3) in the Gazette.
(6) The function of the Appeal Board is to hear and determine appeals lodged under section 5K.
(7) The Chairperson, Deputy Chairpersons and members of the Appeal Board shall be paid such remuneration as the Secretary may determine.