Adaptation amendments retroactively made - see 36 of 1999 s. 3
(1) The Chief Executive in Council may make regulations- (Amended 36 of 1999 s. 3)
(a) for carrying out the Annex;
(b) specifying the circumstances in which a noise certificate may be granted and the conditions which may be imposed;
(c) as to the manner and conditions of the issue, validation, renewal, extension of any certificate or other document required by this Ordinance or the regulations (including any examinations and tests to be undergone), and as to the form, custody, production, cancellation, suspension, endorsement and surrender of any such document;
(d) for specifying the fees to be paid in respect of the issue, validation, renewal, extension or variation of any certificate or other document or the undergoing of any examination or test required by the regulations and in respect of any other matters in respect of which it appears to the Chief Executive in Council to be expedient for the purposes of the regulations to charge fees; (Amended 36 of 1999 s. 3)
(e) for exempting from the provisions of this Ordinance or the regulations, either absolutely or conditionally, any aircraft or class of aircraft;
(f) generally for restricting or mitigating aircraft noise and vibration;
(g) authorizing the taking of such steps as may be necessary or expedient for the better enforcement of the Ordinance including, without derogation from the generality of the foregoing, power to enter upon or detain any aircraft;
(h) prescribing the manner in which any notice under this Ordinance may be given; and
(i) for any matter required or permitted by this Ordinance to be prescribed.
(2) The regulations may make different provision with respect to different classes of aircraft and for different aerodromes or classes of aerodrome.
(3) The regulations may provide that a contravention of specified provisions shall be an offence and may prescribe penalties therefor not exceeding a fine at level 6 and imprisonment for 2 years and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $20000 for each day during which the offence continues.
(4) The regulations may be expressed so as to apply to aircraft in the service of the State and, if so expressed, they shall so apply. (Amended 36 of 1999 s. 3)
(5) The regulations may provide that-
(a) any certificate or other document required by this Ordinance or the regulations shall be in such form as is for the time being approved of by the Director; and
(b) any Schedule to the regulations may be amended by the Director by notice in the Gazette. (Added 68 of 1994 s. 8)