||Title:||MIDWIVES (REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 315 of 1999|
|Section:||18||Heading:||Determination of Committee that inquiry be held||Version Date:||01/01/2000|
(1) If the Committee determines that an inquiry shall be held, the Committee shall refer the case to the Council, and the chairman of the Committee shall notify the chairman of the Council of the matters into which inquiry shall be made.
(2) If a case is referred to the Council in accordance with subsection (1), the chairman shall-
(3) Unless the chairman receives a written consent from the respondent consenting to the holding of the inquiry at an earlier date, the chairman shall fix, for holding the inquiry, a date not earlier than 30 days after the date of service of the notice of inquiry.
(a) fix a date on which an inquiry into the case is to be held; and
(b) direct the secretary to serve on the respondent a notice of inquiry in such form as the Council may determine and a copy of this Regulation, and the secretary shall do so within 30 days of the Committee's determination on holding an inquiry.
(4) A notice of inquiry referred to in subsection (2)(b)-
(5) Within 30 days of the Committee's determination on holding an inquiry, the secretary shall, in so far as it is practicable, serve on the complainant a copy of the notice of inquiry.
(a) shall specify in the form of a charge the matter into which inquiry is to be made; and
(b) shall state the date, time and place at which the inquiry is to be held.