|306||Title:||REGISTERED TRUSTEES INCORPORATION ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||9||Heading:||Notification of change of principal office or trustees||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Notice of any change in the situation of the principal office shall be given not later than 28 days after the change, to the Registrar.
(2) Within 28 days after the appointment of each new trustee, a notification thereof by the corporation containing particulars of the full name and aliases (if any), residential address, occupation and nationality of the new trustee, together with such evidence as the Registrar may require of such appointment and the consent in writing of such new trustee to his appointment, shall be delivered to the Registrar. (Amended 13 of 1966 Schedule)
(3) Within 28 days after the death, resignation or removal of a trustee, a notification thereof by the corporation shall be delivered to the Registrar together with such evidence as the Registrar may require. (Amended 13 of 1966 Schedule)
(4) The Registrar, if satisfied with the evidence produced to him under this section, shall, upon payment of the prescribed fee, register the change in the address of the principal office or the appointment of any new trustee and the death, resignation or removal of any trustee who has died, resigned or been removed, as the case may be. (Amended 13 of 1966 Schedule)
(5) Where any corporation fails to give notice as required by this section, every trustee shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of $500:
Provided that it shall be a good defence for any trustee to prove that he did not know and could not readily have learnt of such change or in the case of a newly appointed trustee that he did not give his consent to such appointment and did not act as a trustee. (Amended 13 of 1966 Schedule)