|313X||Title:||SHIPPING AND PORT CONTROL (WORKS) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 290 of 2006|
|Section:||23||Heading:||General duties of persons in charge of works and employers||Version Date:||02/01/2007|
(1) Any machinery, equipment or appliance provided for use by a person employed in relation to works shall be in a safe working condition.
(2) Measures shall, in so far as reasonably practicable, be taken to ensure the safety of a person employed at work.
(3) There shall be provided such information, instruction, training or supervision as may be necessary to ensure, in so far as reasonably practicable, the safety of a person employed at work.
(4) If there is a contravention of subsection (1), (2) or (3), the person in charge of works and the employer commit an offence and each is liable on conviction to a fine at level 4.
(5) In this section, “machinery, equipment or appliance” (機械、裝備或裝置) has the same meaning as in section 36 of the Ordinance.