(1) The Director may revoke a person¡¦s registration under this Part in respect of a business at the person¡¦s request.
(2) The Director may also revoke a person¡¦s registration under this Part in respect of a business if the Director is satisfied that¡X
(a) the person has repeatedly contravened this Ordinance in respect of that business in the previous 12 month period;
(b) in the case of a natural person, the person has died; or
(c) in the case of a business carried on by a corporation or partnership, the corporation has been wound up or the partnership has been dissolved.
(3) The Director must not revoke a person¡¦s registration under subsection (2)(a) unless the Director¡X
(a) gives written notice to the person of¡X
(i) the Director¡¦s intention to revoke the registration; and
(ii) the grounds for revocation;
(b) permits the person to make written representations to the Director within the period specified in the notice; and
(c) considers any representations made within that period by the person.
(4) If the Director revokes a person¡¦s registration under subsection (2)(a), the Director must give written notice to the person as soon as practicable, specifying¡X
(a) the reasons for the revocation; and
(b) the day on which the revocation takes effect.
(5) Revocation of registration takes effect¡X
(a) for revocation under subsection (1), on the day determined by the Director;
(b) for revocation under subsection (2), on the expiry of 30 days after the day on which the decision to revoke the registration is made.