ENERGY EFFICIENCY (LABELLING OF PRODUCTS) ORDINANCE
11 of 2008
Appeal board panel
(1) The Secretary is to appoint an appeal board panel.
(2) The panel appointed under subsection (1) is to consist of the following numbers and categories of personsˇX
(a) not more than 5 persons who are corporate members of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers;
(b) not more than 5 persons from tertiary educational institutions;
(c) not more than 5 persons from organizations which, in the opinion of the Secretary, represent the interests of manufacturers, importers or other suppliers of energy-using products; and
(d) not more than 5 persons, each of whom, in the opinion of the Secretary, represents the interests of consumers of energy-using products.
(3) A public officer is not eligible for appointment to the appeal board panel.
(4) The Secretary is to give notice in the Gazette of the appointment of any panel member.
(5) A panel member is to be appointed for a term of 3 years and may be reappointed at the end of a term.
(6) A panel member may resign by notice in writing to the Secretary.
(7) The Secretary may terminate the appointment of a panel member if the Secretary is satisfied that the memberˇX
(a) has become a public officer;
(b) has become bankrupt or has entered into a voluntary arrangement within the meaning of section 2 of the Bankruptcy Ordinance (Cap 6) with his creditors;
(c) is incapacitated by physical or mental illness;
(d) has ceased to be of the capacity by virtue of which he was appointed; or
(e) is otherwise unable or unfit to perform the functions of a member.
(8) The Secretary is to give notice in the Gazette of the termination of an appointment of a panel member, and upon such notification the office is to become vacant.