AIR POLLUTION CONTROL (DUST AND GRIT EMISSION) REGULATIONS
METHOD OF TAKING SAMPLE OF DUST AND GRIT
1. Any sample required to determine the grit or dust burden from any furnace, oven, chimney, flue or industrial plant shall be taken when the appliance or plant is operating under normal running conditions and the period during which the sample is taken may include any period when customary peak loads are experienced.
2. Not less than 8 increments comprising a sample are to be taken from points uniformly distributed across the section of the chimney or flue.
3. The sample is to be taken in accordance with the isokinetic principle.
4. The sample is to be collected in compliance with Reference Methods 5 of the United States of America Environmental Protection Agency for determination of particulate emission from stationary sources. (L.N. 262 of 1987)
5. When 8 or more increments are taken from sampling points at any one cross section of the chimney or flue, the combined increments are to be placed together in one container.