|556A||Title:||MASS TRANSIT RAILWAY REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:||L.N. 136 of 2000; G.N. 3903 of 2000|
|Regulation:||5||Heading:||Secretary may direct inspector to investigate||Version Date:||30/06/2000|
(1) Where an accident or occurrence which is notifiable under these regulations has occurred, the Secretary may direct an inspector to investigate the same.
(2) The paramount purpose of such an investigation is to determine the circumstances and causes of the accident or occurrence with a view to avoiding similar accidents or occurrences in the future, rather than to ascribe blame therefor to any person.
(3) The Secretary may in place of any inspector directed to carry out an investigation under paragraph (1) direct another inspector to proceed with the investigation, and in that case the investigation may be continued as if the change had not occurred.
(4) The inspector shall, on completion of an investigation, make a report to the Secretary who shall cause the contents thereof to be brought to the attention of the public in such manner as he thinks fit.
(5) A report shall state the circumstances of the accident or occurrence and conclusions as to its cause and any observations and recommendations which the inspector thinks necessary for the avoidance of similar accidents or occurrences.