||Title:||REHABILITATION CENTRES ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||L.N. 74 of 2002|
|Section:||6||Heading:||Supervision order||Version Date:||11/07/2002|
(1) The Commissioner shall make a supervision order, that is to say, an order which requires a person to be under the supervision of a correctional services officer and to comply with conditions imposed in the order, for a fixed term of 1 year against a person who is released from a rehabilitation centre after having served a sentence of detention under a detention order.
(2) A supervision order shall specify-
(3) The Commissioner may at any time vary or cancel a supervision order.
(a) particulars of a correctional services officer whom the Commissioner designates to supervise the person;
(b) the date of release of the person from the rehabilitation centre concerned and the date on which the supervision order shall expire; and
(c) such conditions as the Commissioner thinks fit.
(4) A person who fails to comply with a condition of a supervision order which has been made against him commits an offence and is liable to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 12 months.
(5) A person against whom a recall order has been made shall not be liable to be prosecuted or convicted under subsection (4).
(6) A court may, instead of imposing a sentence under subsection (4), order that the case be referred to the Commissioner and that a recall order be made against the person by the Commissioner.