|162C||Title:||MIDWIVES (REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 315 of 1999|
|Section:||12||Heading:||Preliminary Investigation Committee||Version Date:||01/01/2000|
(1) For the purpose of making a preliminary investigation of complaints or information regarding a registered midwife or an applicant for registration, and for the purpose of determining whether or not an inquiry shall be held under the Ordinance, there is established by this Regulation a committee known as the Preliminary Investigation Committee.
(2) The Committee shall consist of 4 members appointed by the Council.
(3) The members are to comprise 2 registered midwives and 2 persons who are not midwives, and 2 of the members shall be members of the Council.
(4) The Council shall appoint one of the members, who is also a member of the Council, as the chairman of the Committee.
(5) If the Council has made any of the orders referred to in section 10(1)(i) to (iv) of the Ordinance against any registered midwife, the registered midwife who is the subject of the order shall not be eligible for appointment to the Committee.
(6) Subject to subsections (9), (10), (11) and (12), a member who is also a member of the Council shall hold office for a period of 12 months or until he or she ceases to be a member of the Council (whichever is earlier), and shall be eligible for re-appointment from time to time.
(7) Subject to subsections (8), (9), (10), (11) and (12), a Committee member who is not a member of the Council shall hold office for a period of 12 months, and shall be eligible for re-appointment from time to time.
(8) A Committee member who is not a Council member shall cease to be a member of the Committee upon his or her becoming a member of the Council.
(9) If for any reason a member of the Committee is or will be temporarily unable to perform his or her functions as a member of the Committee, another person satisfying the same criteria as applied to the appointment of that member may be appointed by the Council, as a temporary member, to act in the place of that member, during the period for which that member is or will be unable to exercise his or her functions.
(10) If at the time the Committee is considering a complaint or information under this Regulation-