Establishment of Personal Data (Privacy) Advisory Committee
For the saving and transitional provisions relating to the amendments made by the Resolution of the Legislative Council (L.N. 130 of 2007), see paragraph (12) of that Resolution.
(1) There is hereby established a committee by the name of the Personal Data (Privacy) Advisory Committee for the purpose of advising the Commissioner upon any matter relevant to the privacy of individuals in relation to personal data or otherwise relevant to the operation of this Ordinance.
(2) The Committee shall consist of-
(a) the Commissioner, who shall be the chairman; and
(b) not less than 4 or more than 8 other persons, appointed by the Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs, of whom-
(i) not less than 1 shall have not less than 5 years' experience in the processing of data; and
(ii) not more than 1 shall be a public officer.
(3) The members of the Committee appointed under subsection (2)(b) shall hold office for such period and upon such terms as the Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs specifies in their respective appointments or from time to time.
(4) A member of the Committee appointed under subsection (2)(b) may resign at any time by notice in writing delivered to the Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs.
(5) The Committee may regulate its procedure.