||Title:||MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGISTS (REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE) REGULATIONS||Gazette Number:|
|Regulation:||23||Heading:||Determination of Committee that inquiry be held||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Where a matter is referred to the Board under regulation 22(2), the Chairman of the Board shall fix a date for holding an inquiry and the Secretary shall, within 1 month of the determination of the Committee to refer the complaint to the Board, serve on the respondent a notice of inquiry which shall be in accordance with Form 4 in Schedule 2 together with a copy of these regulations.
(2) A notice of inquiry shall-
(3) An inquiry shall not be held until 28 days after the date of service of the notice of inquiry unless the respondent consents in writing to holding it earlier.
(a) in a case where the complaint is that the respondent has been guilty of misconduct, state in the form of a charge, which shall be formulated by the Secretary, the matters into which inquiry is to be held;
(b) in any other case, state the allegation contained in the complaint; and
(c) specify the date, time and place at which the inquiry is proposed to be held.
(4) Service of a notice of inquiry on the respondent shall be by registered post addressed to him at his registered address or at his address last known to the Secretary if different.
(5) Within the time stipulated for service of the notice of inquiry, the Secretary shall send a copy of the notice of inquiry to any complainant.