||Title:||IMPORT AND EXPORT ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||8 of 2002|
|Section:||6B||Heading:||Orders made by Director for purposes of section 6A, etc.||Version Date:||03/05/2002|
(1) The Director may by order replace the Schedules to the Regulations or amend them to add or remove an article or class of articles to or from the Schedules or may by order add or remove an activity specified in Schedule 4 to the Regulations.
(2) The Director shall publish an order under subsection (1) in the Gazette and shall cause it to be laid on the table of the Legislative Council at the next sitting day after it is published.
(3) The Legislative Council may, within the period of 28 days after the date it is laid, by resolution, repeal the order. (Amended 1 of 1994 s. 4)
(4) If the period of 28 days would, but for this subsection, expire after the end of a session or a dissolution of the Legislative Council and before the second sitting day in the next session, that period shall be extended and shall expire on the day after the second sitting day.
(5) Before the expiry of the period referred to in subsection (3) or that period as extended by virtue of subsection (4), the Legislative Council may by resolution in relation to an order specified therein-
(6) A resolution under subsection (3) or (5) shall be published in the Gazette within 14 days after it is passed or such further period as the Chief Executive may allow. (Amended 66 of 2000 s. 3)
(a) in the case of the period referred to in subsection (3), extend that period to the first sitting of the Legislative Council held not earlier than the twenty-first day after the day of its expiry;
(b) in the case where the period referred to in subsection (3) has been extended by virtue of subsection (4), extend that period as so extended to the first sitting of the Legislative Council held not earlier than the twenty-first day after the day of the second sitting in that next session. (Replaced 8 of 2002 s. 4)
(7) An order under subsection (1) shall come into operation, if the Legislative Council does not, by resolution, repeal the order under this section before the expiry of the period to repeal it, on a day to be appointed by the Director by notice published in the Gazette after the expiry of that period. (Amended 1 of 1994 s. 4)
(8) In this section, "sitting" (立法會會議), when used to calculate time, means the day on which the sitting commences and only includes a sitting at which subsidiary legislation is included on the order paper. (Added 89 of 1993 s. 30. Amended 66 of 2000 s. 3)
(Added 62 of 1993 s. 3)