Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary and panel members
(1) The Chief Executive shall appoint-
(a) a legally qualified person to be the Chairman of the Board;
(b) a Secretary to the Board;
(c) a panel of persons who are not public officers and whom he considers suitable for nomination as members of the Board under section 3(3)(b). (Replaced 78 of 1999 s. 7)
(2) The Chief Executive may appoint one or more persons who are legally qualified as Vice-chairmen of the Board. (Replaced 78 of 1999 s. 7)
(3) All appointments under this section shall be notified in the Gazette and, except in the case of the Secretary, shall be for a term of 3 years.
(4) Any person appointed under this section may be re-appointed, and may resign by notice in writing to the Chief Executive.
(5) Where a person ceases to be Chairman, Vice-chairman or a member of a panel appointed under subsection (1)(c), and at the time of that event the person is involved in the hearing of an appeal to the Board, that person may continue to hear and determine that appeal. (Amended 78 of 1999 s. 7)
(6) In this section, "legally qualified" (具有法律專業資格) means qualified for appointment as a District Judge under section 5 of the District Court Ordinance (Cap 336).