||Title:||ELECTORAL AFFAIRS COMMISSION (NOMINATIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEES (DISTRICT COUNCILS)) REGULATION||Gazette Number:||L.N. 115 of 1999|
|Section:||4||Heading:||Filling of vacancies and allocation of work to Committees||Version Date:||07/05/1999|
(1) Where the member constituting a Committee dies, resigns or is removed from office or becomes incapable of acting as a member due to ill-health or absence from Hong Kong, the Commission may, if it thinks fit, appoint another person to act as the Committee in his or her place.
(2) Notice of any appointment under subsection (1) must be published in the Gazette by the Commission as soon as reasonably practicable after the appointment.
(3) An appointment under subsection (1) is for such period as specified by the Commission in the notice under subsection (2).
(4) Where there is any matter outstanding at the time of an appointment under subsection (1), it may be disposed of by the person appointed as the Committee under that subsection.
(5) The Chief Electoral Officer may by virtue of section 9 of the Ordinance-
(6) The member constituting a Committee-
(a) allocate to a Committee any work or duty which is relevant to the performance of its functions specified in section 3; and
(b) if more than one Committee is appointed, with the consent of a member of the Commission, redistribute the work or duty allocated under paragraph (a) among the Committees as the Chief Electoral Officer thinks fit.
(7) A resignation under subsection (6)(a) is effective on the date specified in the notice for the purpose or on receipt of the notice by the Commission, whichever is later, or where no date is specified in the notice, on receipt of the notice by the Commission.
(a) may resign by notice in writing addressed to the Commission; and
(b) may be removed by the Commission by notice in writing where it is of the opinion that he or she is unfit to perform the functions of his or her office.
(8) A removal under subsection (6)(b) is effective on the date specified for the purpose in the notice referred to in that subsection.
(9) Notice of any resignation under subsection (6)(a) or of any removal under subsection (6)(b) must be published in the Gazette by the Commission as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving the notice of resignation or after the removal, as the case may be.