(1) The Secretary may by order published in the Gazette—
(a) add any Convention-regulated chemical, including its CAS registry number or other description, to Part 1 of Schedule 1 or 2;
(b) remove any specified chemical, including its CAS registry number or other description, from Part 1 of Schedule 1 or 2;
(c) make any amendment to Part 2 of Schedule 1 or 2 that only relates to a Convention-regulated chemical or the removal of a specified chemical; and
(d) make any amendment to Schedule 1 or 2 that is consequential, incidental or related to the addition, removal or amendment made under paragraph (a), (b) or (c).
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the Secretary may by order published in the Gazette make any other amendment to Schedule 1 or 2.
(3) An order made under subsection (2) is subject to the approval of the Legislative Council.
(4) An order made under subsection (2) may, where the Secretary considers desirable, include any matters that may be included in an order made under subsection (1).
(5) For the purposes of subsection (1)—
(a) a chemical is a Convention-regulated chemical if the chemical is subject to the regulation of the Rotterdam Convention or the Stockholm Convention on the relevant day; and
(b) a chemical is a specified chemical if, at some time before the relevant day, the chemical has been subject to the regulation of the Rotterdam Convention or the Stockholm Convention but is no longer subject to such regulation on that day.
(6) In subsection (5), “relevant day” (有關日期) means the day on which the Secretary makes the order under subsection (1)(a) or (b) in respect of the chemical concerned.