|163||Title:||MONEY LENDERS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||15||Heading:||Transfer of licence and addition or substitution of new premises||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) Except as provided in this section, a licence shall not be transferable.
(2) Where a licensed money lender dies, the widow or widower or any member of the family of the deceased money lender of the age of 21 years or upwards, or any person on behalf of the family, may apply to the licensing court to have his or her name endorsed on the licence. (Amended 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(3) Where a licensee intends to carry on business as a money lender at any premises in addition to the premises specified in his licence, he may apply to the licensing court to have such additional premises endorsed on his licence. (Amended 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(4) Where a licensed money lender intends to transfer his business as a money lender from any premises specified in his licence to any premises not so specified, he may apply to the licensing court to have the premises to which he intends to transfer such business endorsed on his licence in substitution for such first-mentioned premises. (Amended 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(5) Every application under this section shall be made to the Registrar in the prescribed manner and accompanied by the prescribed fee and notice of the application shall be given to the Commissioner of Police. (Replaced 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(6) The Registrar and the Commissioner of Police shall be entitled to appear and be heard at the hearing of any application under this section and to object to the granting of any such application.
(6A) Where the Registrar or the Commissioner of Police intends to object under subsection (6) to the granting of any application under this section, he shall, not later than one month after such application is made under subsection (5), serve notice on the applicant of his intention to object specifying the grounds of objection; and where such notice is served by the Commissioner of Police, he shall send a copy thereof to the Registrar. (Added 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(6B) Upon the expiration of a period of one month after any application under this section is made under subsection (5), the Registrar shall lodge the application with such magistrate as he deems fit, together with a copy of any notice served on the applicant under subsection (6A). (Added 69 of 1988 s. 13)
(7) The licensing court shall not grant an application under this section unless the court is satisfied that-