Import of textiles otherwise than as transhipment cargo
(1) A registered textiles trader shall ensure that no textiles are imported otherwise than as transhipment cargo, in or on any vessel, aircraft or vehicle, in reliance on an exemption issued to him under regulation 6(3A) until he has-
(a) delivered to the Director, using services provided by a specified body, an import notification in respect of the textiles;
(b) received the reference number assigned to that import notification and sent by the Director under paragraph (2); and
(c) delivered to the import carrier, in electronic form or in paper form, the reference number of that import notification and indicated to the import carrier that it is such reference number.
(2) The Director, on receiving from a registered textiles trader an import notification under paragraph (1)(a) in respect of any textiles-
(a) is to assign a reference number to the notification for the purpose of identifying the notification; and
(b) is to send to the registered textiles trader, using services provided by a specified body, the reference number of the notification.
(3) A registered textiles trader who has delivered an import notification to the Director, and has complied with other requirements in paragraph (1), in respect of any textiles shall not take, or cause to be taken, possession of the textiles imported without having delivered to the import carrier, in electronic form or in paper form, all the particulars contained in that import notification and having indicated to the import carrier that they are such particulars.
(4) Any person who contravenes paragraph (1) commits an offence and is liable on conviction-
(a) where the offence involves a breach of paragraph (1)(c) only, to a fine at level 2; or
(b) in any other case, to a fine of $500000 and to imprisonment for 2 years.
(5) Any person who contravenes paragraph (3) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2.