||Title:||DANGEROUS DRUGS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||9||Heading:||Cultivation of and dealing in cannabis plant and opium poppy||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) No person shall cultivate any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy, but nothing in this subsection shall prevent the Government Chemist, in his capacity as such, from cultivating a plant of the genus cannabis so far as may be necessary for the exercise of his employment. (Amended 62 of 1994 s. 3)
(2) No person shall, on his own behalf or on behalf of any other person, whether or not such other person is in Hong Kong-
any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy, whether or not the same is in Hong Kong or is ascertained or appropriated or in existence.
(a) supply or procure or offer to supply or procure;
(b) in any way deal in or with or offer or purport to deal in or with; or
(c) import into or export from Hong Kong or do an act preparatory to or for the purpose of such importing or exporting,
(3) No person shall have in his possession any plant of the genus cannabis or the opium poppy unless the same is in transit.
(4) Section 14 shall apply to any plant of the genus cannabis and the opium poppy when the same is in transit as it applies to a dangerous drug which is in transit.
(5) Any person who contravenes any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction on indictment to a fine of $100000 and to imprisonment for 15 years.