(1) The Authority may by notice in the Gazette designate-
(a) the whole or any part of any aerodrome; or
(b) any part of the sea adjacent to any aerodrome,
to be a restricted area.
(2) Before designating a restricted area under subsection (1), the Authority shall consult-
(a) the manager of the relevant aerodrome; and
(b) (where the relevant aerodrome includes an air navigation installation) the authority responsible for the air navigation installation.
(3) The whole or any part of an aerodrome may be designated under subsection (1) as a restricted area for specified days or times of days only.
(4) A designation under subsection (1) shall not come into effect before the date on which the relevant notice is published in the Gazette.
(5) In relation to an air navigation installation in Hong Kong which does not form part of an aerodrome, this section has effect as if any reference to an aerodrome were a reference to such an air navigation installation and any reference to the manager of an aerodrome were a reference to the authority responsible for such an air navigation installation.
(6) Where the whole or any part of an aerodrome has been designated under this section as a restricted area-
(a) subsections (1) to (5) also have effect in relation to any variation of the designation; and
(b) the designation may be revoked by the Authority by notice in the Gazette.