(1) The Council may establish such committees for the better performance of its duties and exercise of its powers as it thinks fit.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the Council's power to establish committees under subsection (1), the Council may establish the following committees in accordance with, and having such functions as are assigned to them by this Ordinance or delegated to them by the Council, namely-
(a) the Licentiate Committee;
(b) the Education and Accreditation Committee;
(c) the Ethics Committee;
(d) the Preliminary Investigation Committee; and
(e) the Health Committee.
(3) Subject to subsection (4) and the relevant provisions relating to a committee established under subsection (2), the Council may appoint members of the Council, and persons who are not such members, to be members of a committee.
(4) The Council shall not appoint to any committee a person in respect of whom the Council has, at any time, made an order in accordance with section 21 or 21A.
(5) Only a member of the Council is eligible to be appointed as the chairman of a committee.
(6) If any committee has, in the opinion of the Council, acted in a manner that is prejudicial to the interest of the public or the medical profession, and not less than 3 quarters of the members of the Council resolve that the committee should be dissolved, the Council may dissolve the committee.
(7) Upon a dissolution of a committee under subsection (6), the Council may perform the functions of the committee so dissolved which are assigned by this Ordinance and shall make such appointments as are necessary to re-establish the committee with new membership within 3 months of the dissolution.
(8) A committee may appoint a sub-committee to perform any function assigned or delegated to the committee.
(9) The relevant provisions of Schedule 2 have effect with respect to a committee or a sub-committee established under this section.
(10) Subject to subsection (11), a sub-committee may include persons who are not members of the committee.
(11) A person in respect of whom the Council has, at any time, made an order in accordance with section 21 or 21A shall not be appointed to any sub-committee established under this Ordinance.
(12) A committee appointing a sub-committee (other than a sub- committee of the Licentiate Committee appointed for the purpose of hearing a review under section 20G) shall not appoint any person other than a member of the committee to be the chairman of the sub-committee.
(13) Part VII of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap 1) applies to a committee or a sub-committee established under this section and appointments to the committee or sub-committee except in so far as it is inconsistent with this Ordinance.
(14) The Council may by order published in the Gazette amend Schedule 2.