(1) The Commission shall, when it has provisionally determined the recommendations it proposes to make for the purposes of section 18 in respect of a general election or an ordinary election, and before it submits a report under that section in respect of the election concerned, cause a map or maps-
(a) showing the delineation of the proposed geographical constituencies or the District Council constituencies, as may be appropriate, and the demarcation of their boundaries; and
(b) with a name assigned to each proposed geographical constituency or District Council constituency, as the case may be,
to be exhibited, for a period of not less than 30 days, for inspection by the public at reasonable hours and free of charge, at any place considered appropriate by the Commission for such purpose. (Amended 8 of 1999 s. 89)
(2) The Commission shall give notice in the Gazette of the place and hours at which the map or maps may be so inspected and specify in the notice an address to send any representations in writing for the purposes of this section.
(3) The Commission may, where it considers it appropriate, make available for inspection under subsection (1), a description of any boundary shown on a map or maps exhibited under that subsection.
(4) Any person may make representations to the Commission regarding the proposed recommendations within the period of 30 days beginning on the date a notice under subsection (2) is published in the Gazette.
(5) Representations for the purposes of this section may be made in writing (including by facsimile transmission) or at any meeting held under subsection (6).
(6) The Commission may hold meetings for the purpose of receiving representations under this section and any such meeting shall be open to the public except where the Commission considers it desirable that the meeting should not be open to the public.
(7) The Commission-
(a) shall notify the public in such manner as it thinks fit, of the date, time and place of a meeting to be held under subsection (6); and
(b) may adopt such procedures as it thinks fit in respect of such a meeting.
(8) The Commission shall have regard to any representations made under this section when making recommendations under section 18.
(9) In their application to the provisional recommendations made for the first ordinary election to be held under the District Councils Ordinance (Cap 547), subsections (1) and (4) shall be read as if- (Amended 8 of 1999 s. 89)
(a) a reference to 14 days were substituted for the reference to 30 days in subsection (1); and
(b) a reference to not less than 14 days were substituted for the reference to 30 days in subsection (4).