WEST KOWLOON CULTURAL DISTRICT AUTHORITY ORDINANCE
27 of 2008
Establishment of Board
(1) There is established by this section a Board of the Authority.
(2) The Board is the governing and executive body of the Authority with authority to perform, in the name of the Authority, the functions conferred or imposed on the Authority by or under this Ordinance.
(3) The Board is to consist of¡X
(a) the Chairman who may or may not be a public officer;
(b) the Chief Executive Officer;
(c) not less than 8 and not more than 15 other members who are not public officers, including¡X
(i) at least 5 members who, in the opinion of the Chief Executive¡X
(A) are of good standing in the field of arts and culture in the Mainland of China, Hong Kong or any other place; or
(B) have extensive knowledge of, or wide experience in or exposure to, arts and cultural activities;
(ii) at least one member who is a member of the Legislative Council; and
(iii) such other members who possess experience in management, engineering, planning, architecture, landscape architecture, surveying, accounting, finance, education, law or community service, or such professional or other experience as would, in the opinion of the Chief Executive, render them suitable for appointment; and
(d) 3 other members who are public officers.
(4) The Chief Executive may appoint one or more than one Board member (other than the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer) as Vice-Chairman of the Board as long as the person is a Board member.
(5) All Board members (other than the Chief Executive Officer) are to be appointed by the Chief Executive.
(6) The Chief Executive Officer is to be an ex-officio member of the Board.
(7) An appointment made under this section is to be notified in the Gazette.
(8) Where the requirements of subsection (3) are not complied with as a result of any change in membership of the Board or any change of the status of any Board member, the Chief Executive shall as soon as reasonably practicable make the necessary appointment to ensure that the requirements are complied with.
(9) Notwithstanding subsections (3) and (8), the Board may perform any of its functions, and its proceedings are valid, despite¡X
(a) a vacancy in the membership of the Board;
(b) a defect in the appointment or qualification of a person purporting to be a Board member; or
(c) a minor irregularity in the convening of any Board meeting.
(10) A notification under subsection (7) is not subsidiary legislation.