(1) This regulation applies where textiles are imported otherwise than as transhipment cargo in or on any vessel, aircraft or vehicle under an exemption issued to a registered textiles trader under regulation 6(3A).
(2) The import carrier shall not release possession of the textiles imported until he has received from the registered textiles trader information, in electronic form or in paper form, that-
(a) includes all the items of particulars required to be contained in an import notification;
(b) appears on its face to be information in respect of the textiles; and
(c) is indicated by the registered textiles trader to be-
(i) all the particulars contained in an import notification that the registered textiles trader has delivered to the Director in respect of the textiles as required in regulation 6A(1)(a); and
(ii) the reference number assigned by the Director to that notification (reference number as informed).
(3) The import carrier shall-
(a) within 14 days after the day on which he receives the reference number as informed or on which the textiles are imported (whichever is the later); and
(b) using services provided by a specified body,
deliver to the Director a copy or extract of the manifest of the importing vessel, aircraft or vehicle, which copy or extract shall contain, in addition to the particulars required to be contained in a manifest under paragraph 2 of the Import and Export Manifests Notice (Cap 60 sub. leg. C), that reference number.
(4) Any person who contravenes paragraph (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of $500000 and to imprisonment for 1 year.
(5) Subject to regulation 6C, any person who contravenes paragraph (3) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2.