(1) No private market shall be carried on unless it is registered by the Director.
(2) No private market shall be registered by the Director unless-
(a) plans of the market place, including plans of all buildings, stalls, sheds, pens, storerooms, latrine accommodation and drainage works appurtenant to the market place have been approved by the Director; and
(b) at the time of registration such plans are accurate.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in subsection (2), the Director may refuse to register any private market if he considers the registration thereof not to be in the public interest.
(4) For the purposes of first registration of any private market, the application therefor shall be submitted to the Director accompanied by 2 copies of the plans referred to in subsection (2).
(5) Every plan, or any modification thereof, submitted to the Director for the purposes of an application for the registration of a private market shall, when it is approved by the Director, be endorsed to that effect, and one copy thereof shall be returned to the applicant.
(6) Every registration of a private market shall be renewable annually on 1 July.
(7) The registration or the renewal of the registration of a private market shall be subject to the payment in advance to the Director of a fee calculated at the rate of $10 per stall (whether or not any stall is occupied) up to a maximum fee of $1000:
Provided that, where a private market is first registered in the second half of any year of registration, the fee payable in respect of the grant of registration shall be one-half of the prescribed fee.