Application for registration of series of trade marks (s. 51(1)(a) & (d) of the Ordinance) (Forms T2, T2A, T2S, T3 & T3S) (Fee Nos. 30 & 31)
(1) The owner of a series consisting of not more than 4 trade marks may file an application on the specified form to register them as a series in a single registration.
(2) The application shall be accompanied by a representation of each trade mark claimed to be in the series.
(3) The Registrar shall accept an application filed under subrule (1) if he is satisfied that-
(a) the trade marks in respect of which the application is made constitute a series within the meaning of section 51(3) of the Ordinance;
(b) the series consists of not more than 4 trade marks; and
(c) the application satisfies the requirements for registration.
(4) At any time before registration, an applicant under subrule (1) may file a request on the specified form for a division of his application into separate applications in respect of one or more of the trade marks in the series.
(5) On receipt of a request under subrule (4) and payment of the applicable fee, the Registrar shall, if he is satisfied that the division conforms with rule 27(1) and (2), divide the application accordingly.
(6) Rule 27(3), (4) and (5) applies to the division of an application under this rule.