|359||Title:||SUPPLEMENTARY MEDICAL PROFESSIONS ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:|
|Section:||7||Heading:||Meetings of the Council and boards||Version Date:||30/06/1997|
(1) The Council and each board shall meet at such times and places as their respective Chairmen may appoint.
(2) At any meeting of the Council or a board 6 members shall form a quorum.
(3) In the absence of the Chairman from any meeting of the Council, the Deputy Chairman shall act in his place and if the Deputy Chairman is also absent, those members present shall appoint one of their number to act as chairman. (Amended 68 of 1995 s. 2; 80 of 1997 s. 102)
(4) In the absence of the Chairman from any meeting of a board, those members present shall appoint one of their number to act in his place. (Amended 68 of 1995 s. 2; 80 of 1997 s. 102)
(5) Every item for consideration before any meeting of the Council or a board shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting thereon and in the event of an equality of votes the Chairman or member presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his original vote.
(6) Subject to this Ordinance, the Council and a board may regulate its own procedure.