|466||Title:||DUMPING AT SEA ORDINANCE||Gazette Number:||34 of 2000|
|Section:||30||Heading:||Supplementary provisions as to Appeal Board||Version Date:||01/07/1997|
Adaptation amendments retroactively made - see 34 of 2000 s. 3
(1) If the Chairman is unable to exercise his functions the Chief Executive may appoint another person qualified for appointment as a District Judge under section 5 of the District Court Ordinance (Cap 336) to act as Chairman. (Amended 34 of 2000 s. 3)
(2) An acting Chairman may exercise and perform the powers, functions and duties of the Chairman during the period of his appointment.
(3) If a member appointed by the Chairman to hear an appeal is unable to exercise his functions, the Chairman may appoint another person from the panel to act in his place.
(4) The Chairman or a member may resign his office by notice in writing to the Chief Executive. (Amended 34 of 2000 s. 3)
(5) An Appeal Board may continue the hearing of an appeal or group of appeals even though the membership of the Appeal Board has changed as if the change had not occurred.
(6) The Chairman shall not appoint, without the consent of the parties, a person as a member of an Appeal Board before which the hearing of an appeal has commenced.